Indian head massage is a form of massage therapy created in India thousands of years ago. The massage focuses on the head, shoulders, back and neck. It works to release any blocked negativity in the body. It is beneficial by relieving built up tension that can often result in headaches, migraines, neck and back pain.
There are many benefits of Indian head massage. The massage detoxes the body by stimulating lymphatic drainage and boosting overall immunity. It can also soothe symptoms of asthma by calming the respiratory system and relieving symptoms of sinusitis.
Are you feeling restless and suffering from sleepless nights? Then this is the massage for you, it will relieve symptoms of anxiety and depression, increasing feelings of peace, calm and wellbeing.
Are you experiencing dead hair and it just won’t grow? This massage incorporates almond oil which stimulates hair and scalp by nourishing it to help with hair growth.
There are contra-indications they can affect the treatment:
- Scalp infections
- Recent head or neck injury
- Recent haemorrhage (especially brain)
- History of thrombosis or embolism
- Dysfunction of nervous system (e.g.. meningitis, inflammation of the brain).
- Skin disorders, cuts and abrasions to treatment area
- Arthritis/ osteoporosis in treatment area
- Severe migraine