MICRODERMABRASION FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A FINE JET OF CRYSTALS TARGET THE SKIN – THE VACUUM ACTION REMOVES DEAD SKIN PARTICLES AND USED CRYSTALS, AND STIMULATES CIRCULATION – A NEW LAYER OF SKIN IS REVEALED, GIVING THE FACE A HEALTHY GLOW
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MICRODERMABRASION?
- An alternative to Chemical & Laser Peels
- Can be used on other ‘problem’ areas, not just the face
- Improves fine lines & wrinkles
- Improves acne & chicken pox scarring
- Eliminates blackheads & whiteheads and reduces sebum production
- Improves stretchmarks and hyper pigmentation
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
We recommend a course of 8 treatments, with a maintenance treatment every month after the course has finished
DO I NEED A PATCH TEST?
It is important to perform a skin patch test to check the client is not sensitive to the crystals used, although this is most unlikely.
CAN MICRODERMABRASION ONLY BE USED ON THE FACE?
No. This treatment is suitable for various problem areas.
WHAT SKIN CONDITIONS CAN MICRODERMABRASION BE USED TO TREAT?
- Acne & Acne scarring
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles, Aging Skin
- Dry & Dehydrated Skin, Uneven Skin Tone
- Cellulite, ‘orange peel effect’
- Stretch Marks, Pigmentation & Blemishes
- Hyperpigmentation and the cause (melasma)
IS MICRODERMABRASION SAFE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES?
Yes. This treatment can be used for all areas of the face and body
HOW QUICKLY WILL I SEE A DIFFERENCE?
You will see results immediately and with each subsequent treatment your skin will look progressively better.
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
After the first treatment, the skin may feel tight with mild redness. It is important to use a good moisturiser. These effects normally subside within 24 hours of treatment.